Favourite Recipes of 2009
I’ve always been a fan of scones, but never quite got the hang of baking them. There always seemed to be something lacking either in terms of taste or texture. These strawberry scones, however, put an end to that;– fluffy, soft, yet moist and still remained perfect the next morning. An absolute dream come true, this one was.
Had it in its originally-intended two-layer form, now re-baked as a bundt cake, this Nigella recipe was worth any last minute trip to the grocery’s to grab that tub of sour cream. Deceivingly plain, a bite into this fluffy cake licked by its to-die-for frosting, this bundt cake turned even the non-chocolate-loving mother into a fan.
This is what happens when the chocoholic in me makes a pact with the cinnamon lover in me. My favourite chewy brownie recipe turned into chewy cinnamon blondies, this was exactly what I imagined to be.
A no-bake, fudgey, extremely decadent and chocolatey cake. Do I really need to say more?
I finally achieved the quintessential brownie’s crackly paper-thin crust I’ve only dreamt of appearing in books and photographs. So much obsession over an appearance, I’ve never looked back ever since.
Memorable Orders of 2009
- My first 3D fondant bag cake order a couple of days ago (more pics soon!);
- My Little Pony cupcakes;
- Judo fondant cake;
- My first football cupcakes that paved the way for 7 others this year;
- I worked on my first 3D cartoon figurines for the niece’s 3rd birthday;
- I gave two of my favorite local bloggers cupcakes for their picnic;
- Tinkerbell cupcakes;
- My very first 3D fondant cake order that opened up many doors;
- My first cupcake bouquet giftset for an engagement ceremony (more details on giftsets next month!);
- Thomas the Tank Engine cupcakes
Memorable Moments of 2009
1. I got proposed to in July and got engaged in November!
2. Got featured on a couple of sites:-
- Serious Eats homepage From Photograzing on 1 March (Flash Cupcakes)
- WordPress Homepage on 17 Sept (Tips on Baking the Perfect Cookies)
- Apartment Therapy The Kitchn Delicious Links for 28 Sept (Batik Marie Cake)
- Cut Out + Keep on 5 Nov (Chocolate Bundt Cake)
- WordPress Homepage on 23 Dec (Judo Fondant Cake)
3. Discovered that my photo, along with other bakers’, had been stolen and unabashedly passed off as someone else’s;
4. Launched a side-business, along with my very first giveaway; and
5. Cherished old and new friends, readers and lurkers like you!
To everyone, here’s wishing you a great year ahead. Thank you for riding this journey with me in 2009, and I hope you’ve enjoyed dropping by and reading what I had offered to share. May 2010 bring more love and joy to us all.