As you would realise by now, there isn’t much cooking here on Ovenhaven land. I don’t think I can cook to save my life, apart from the aglio olio or sauce-from-a-can pasta, and the last I checked, my mom insists that no one can live on bakes and pasta alone.
But thank heavens for my love of the oven.
While I can never come close to replicating authentic Malay dishes, I can take comfort in the fact that at the very least I can afford to whip up quick and easy lunches in the oven!
Well, it’s a start, isn’t it?
Rosemary-Baked Chicken with Potatoes
(adapted from here)
2 tbps olive oil
1 tbsp paprika powder
1 1/2 tsp rosemary leaves
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
6 chicken thighs
2 potatoes, cut into quarters
- Preheat oven to 220C.
- Mix oil, paprika, rosemary, salt, and pepper in large bowl.
- Add chicken and potatoes; toss to coat well.
- Arrange potatoes in single layer on foil-lined greased baking pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Push potatoes to one side of pan.
- Place chicken on pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes longer or until the potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through, turning potatoes occasionally.