And that means, my heartiest congratulations goes out to…
Linda and Munirah! I’ll be dropping you a mail real soon to get your mailing addresses, and you’ll get your parcels in the mailbox in no time
To everyone who had participated in my first giveaway, thank you for the interest and support! And to those who had already placed orders or interest in ordering from Shmerpz, I hope you’ll always continue to support us
Now, without further ado, here’s the promised recipe for the decorated sugar cookies. This has officially become my go-to recipe for sugar cookies. The dough was a breeze to work with, and the cookies didn’t spread much at all! You know a bake is good when you’ve already made them a month ago, and still have the taste in your mouth while editing the photos. Yup, that’s how good they were!😛
Vanilla Sugar Cookies
(adapted from Peggy Porschen’s Pretty Party Cakes)
1 egg, beaten lightly
400g plain flour
- Cream the butter and sugar until well mixed and just creamy in texture. Don’t overwork!
- Beat in the egg until well combined. Add the flour and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for at least an hour.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead briefly.
- Roll out to about 5mm thickness.
- Use your cookie cutters to cut out shapes and then lay them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Chill again for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size.