And that means, my heartiest congratulations goes out to…
Linda and Munirah! I’ll be dropping you a mail real soon to get your mailing addresses, and you’ll get your parcels in the mailbox in no time :)
To everyone who had participated in my first giveaway, thank you for the interest and support! And to those who had already placed orders or interest in ordering from Shmerpz, I hope you’ll always continue to support us :)
Now, without further ado, here’s the promised recipe for the decorated sugar cookies. This has officially become my go-to recipe for sugar cookies. The dough was a breeze to work with, and the cookies didn’t spread much at all! You know a bake is good when you’ve already made them a month ago, and still have the taste in your mouth while editing the photos. Yup, that’s how good they were! :P
Vanilla Sugar Cookies
(adapted from Peggy Porschen’s Pretty Party Cakes)
1 egg, beaten lightly
400g plain flour
- Cream the butter and sugar until well mixed and just creamy in texture. Don’t overwork!
- Beat in the egg until well combined. Add the flour and mix on low speed until a dough forms.
- Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for at least an hour.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and knead briefly.
- Roll out to about 5mm thickness.
- Use your cookie cutters to cut out shapes and then lay them on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Chill again for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, depending on size.