In light of today’s event and tonight’s recipe, I’m going to try and keep this as decadently simple a Nutella indulgence can ever be.
Two years ago, Ms. Adventures in Italy and Bleeding Espresso declared this day, the 5th of January, World Nutella Day; a day to unite Nutella lovers all over the world to celebrate with a jar in one hand, and thousands of serving ideas in another.
A quick run to the supermarket to get me a jar of Nutella (they’re on sale today, what are the odds!), and a random mish-mash of what’s in the fridge later in the evening, saw the Nutella-lover in me rejoicing the day with a ramekin of comforting Nutella bread pudding.
Nutella Bread Pudding
(serves one, or two if you really wanna share)
2 slices of day-old bread
1/2 cup soy milk
1/8 cup white sugar (basically 1/2 of the 1/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 170C.
- Spread Nutella over a slice of bread, and sandwich it with the other slice. Cut the sandwich into small cubes.
- In a bowl, whisk egg, milk and sugar.
- Soak the bread cubes in the milk mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased ramekin.
- Go crazy and slather more Nutella on top.
- Bake at 170C for 20-25 mins. Leave to cool for about 5-10mins.