I wasn’t craving for anything in particular, other than sheer escapism from the exam preparations. Hah! And so I find myself in familiar terrains yet again, attempting to mug for four papers, but having a firm resolution that I will bake after my first. With an unopened packet of Oreo’s lying around in the kitchen, today’s bake was supposed to be a well-deserved break from the studying. I’m not so sure on the ‘well-deserved’ bit, but I’d give anything for a break, that’s for sure!
Recipe taken from here.
225g cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
85g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup nonfat unsweetened yogurt
1 tsp vanilla essence
80g Oreo cookies, roughly crushed
Whole Oreo cookies for decorating
1) Preheat oven to 180C and grease or line a 8-inch round tin.
2) Sift together cake flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) Cream the butter and sugar until light and creamy. Dribble in eggs slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time, beating constantly for about 2 mins.
4) On LOW speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture until just combined. Beat in ½ of the yogurt. Then beat in 1/2 of the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining yogurt, and vanilla extract. Finally beat in the remaining flour mixture.
5) Lastly, fold in the crushed cookies.
6) Pour into prepared tin, arrange whole Oreos on top and bake for about 40 – 50 mins till skewer inserted comes out clean.
7) Cool in pan for 5 mins. Unmold and cool completely.