Unsuspecting freckled appearance.
Crunchy outside, chewy center.
Subtle hint of cinnamon love in every bite.
Three days on, still perfect texture.
Try it, and you’ll know what I mean.
(adapted from Martha’s Holiday Cookies)
– makes about 40 small, or 20 regular -
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- Cream butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Mix in eggs. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in flour mixture.
- Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl.
- Shape dough into 20 (1 3/4-inch) balls; roll in cinnamon sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes.
Note: I got about 40 small ones by shaping 1/2 tablespoon of dough.
p/s: Selamat Hari Raya Haji to everyone! Eidul Adha Mubarak!